Since the Subaru WRX STi casting was released in 2012 (as part of the 2012 New Models Series), collectors and fans of the Fast & Furious franchise have been clamoring for this casting to receive the paint scheme it had in the 2009 movie, Fast & Furious, which was the franchise’s rebirth and 4th film. With Paul Walker’s death in November 2013, the demand increased. Finally in April 2015, to coincide with the release of Furious 7, Hot Wheels released the version you see below as part of an 8-car set exclusive to Walmart.
RELEASE DETAILS: Silver Body (metal) with Black Hood, Roof & Trim. Black Interior. Clear Windows. 10-Spoke (10SP) Wheels. Black Plastic Base. Made in Thailand.
The rest of the cars in this 8-car series are as follows:
- ’69 Dodge Charger Daytona (Furious 6)
- ’94 Toyota Supra (2 Fast 2 Furious)
- ’70 Dodge Charger R/T (Fast & Furious)
- ’72 Ford Gran Torino Sport (Fast & Furious)
- Nissan 350Z (The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift)
- Buick Grand National (Fast Five)
- Subaru WRX STi (Fast & Furious) SHOWN ABOVE
- Ford GT-40 (Fast & Furious)
Check out the Subaru in action via this clip.