This release of the Hot Wheels ’12 Ford Fiesta was in the 2011 New Models Series and is based off of the Ford Fiesta featured in the Gymkhana 3 video found HERE on YouTube. As you can see in the video, Ken Block, professional rally driver and co-founder of DC Shoes, drives a 2011 Ford Fiesta Rally Car sponsored by his rally team that had previously been sponsored by Monster Energy Drink. A still photo of the car can be seen HERE.
The Hot Wheels release makes a good attempt at capturing the coolness of this car but falls a little short. Still, it is a great attempt for a $1 mainline car. With the absence of Monster Energy Drink on this car, the “DC” logo and “Block 43” skull take up a good majority of the advertising space. The neon green wheels are traded for green-chrome in the 1:64 version and the Hot Wheels car does not feature a full body wrap like the 1:1 car.
RELEASE DETAILS: Gloss Black Enamel Body (metal). Clear Windows. Gray Interior. Green-Chrome PR5 Wheels. Black & White Base (plastic). Made in Malaysia. Released in 2011 as part of the 2011 New Models Series. Toy# T9710
The 2011 New Model shown below was the initial release of the Hot Wheels ’12 Ford Fiesta casting and was followed up with a white version with the same graphics shortly after. Below is a list of releases for the ’12 Ford Fiesta:
- Black (2011 New Models #40)
- White (2011 New Models #40)
- Black (2012 Team Hot Wheels: High-Speed Wheel Line)
- Yellow (2012 Daredevil Racers 5-Pack)
- Blue (2013 Hot Wheels Boulevard)
- Red (2013 HW Stunt / Road Rally Series)
- White (2014 HW Off-Road / Road Rally Series)
- Metalflake Burgundy (2015 HW Off-Road / Road Rally Series)
- Light Green (2015 HW Off-Road / Road Rally Series)