02/03/2016 — As we reported a couple weeks ago, the first Kmart Collector’s Day for the year will be Saturday, February 18th at 9:00AM (local time).
The event has received mix reviews over its 13 year run as some poorly run events have led to unequal case distribution between stores, arguments about fair distribution (at the event), and “that guy” who chooses to bring his whole family that “collects”. This is in addition to Kmarts closing several at a time across the country, leaving many collectors having to travel a little ways just to attend. Regardless, of your take on it, it is still a chance for collectors to get the latest cases, sealed, without having to raid pallets. There have always been exclusive colorways for the event which (considering the issues) is still running. Should you choose not to attend or you can’t attend for any reason. Kmart.com has offered these cases for sale online. The only caveat is that you have to buy the whole case.
Kmart Collector’s Day, Color Exclusives for 2/18/2017:
- ’55 Chevy (2017 HW Flames) … in Dark Green
- Custom ’56 Ford Truck (2017 HW Hot Trucks) … in Light Blue
- ’08 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR (2017 Night Burnerz) … in Black
- Cool-One (2017 HW Art Cars) … in Yellow
Kmart Collector’s Day, First-to-Market Vehicles for 2/18/2017:
- Chevy Silverado (2017 HW Hot Trucks) … in Black
- BMW M4 (2017 Factory Fresh) … in Light Blue
- Lamborghini Countach (2017 ‘Tooned) … in Red
Kmart Collector’s Day, Mail-In Vehicle for 2/18/2017 (READ RULES):
UPDATE 03/02/2017 — The picture of the four event exclusives is below.